High Quality Professional Stereo DI from Radial
The Radial ProD2 is a high-quality, passive stereo direct box with exceptional build-quality and ease of use. The ProD2 is great for active acoustic guitars, bass guitars, electric pianos, synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, DJ mixers, CD, DVD and Mp3 players.
Raidal ProD2 at a Glance:
- Full range passive direct box
- Custom isolation transformer eliminates noise
- Really easy to use
- Built like a tank
Passive vs. Active DI
The Radial ProD2 and ProDI (mono version) are full range passive direct boxes. Active direct boxes employ electronic circuits to change the impedance from hi-Z to lo-Z and balance the signal. Passive DI's employ a simple passive transformer to do the work. Active DI's require batteries, 48V phantom-power or external power supplies to power their circuits. Passive transformer-equipped direct boxes do not require any power to perform their task. The advantage of a transformer over typical active circuits can be summarized as "a great device to reduce system noise" in a sound system. to accomplish the task of noise elimination, the Radial ProD2 features custom Radial transformers and being completely passive, does not require batteries or a power supply.
Custom Isolation Transformer
The Radial ProD2 is equipped with custom made audio transformers, which provide exceptional signal handling without saturation. More importantly, the ProD2's custom transformers exhibit extremely low phase distortion in the critical bass and mid regions. The ProD2's transformer provides 100% isolation to eliminate hum and noise-causing ground loops while maintaining signal integrity. Inside the ProD2 you'll also find isolated XLR connectors to eliminate chassis ground potential and a military spec PC board with full surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to RF noise. The result is exceptional clarity and definition at an attractive price point.
Really Easy to Use
The best feature of the ProD2 is 'plug & play' ease of use. All you do is connect the instrument to the 1/4" inputs, the 1/4" through jacks to the stage amplifier(s) or mixer and the XLR outputs to the mixing console and you're done. Any distortion? Hit the -15dB pad. Any noise? Just depress the ground lift switch. You will find that with acoustic guitars and basses, the natural tone of the instrument will shine through with a smooth and musical rendering. For electrically powered devices such as keyboards, the ProDI will immediately eliminate troublesome ground loops while delivering solid dynamics with a full rich sound.
Look inside a ProD2 and you will find the build quality and components to be of only the highest professional standards. Radial's proven construction methods and materials ensure years of trouble-free service - able to withstand the rigors of the most demanding high-use professional environments. Radial pioneered the use of its innovative 'book cover' design, which provides a protective zone around the switches and connectors that keeps these components safe. The 14-gauge welded I-beam inner chassis and 14-gauge outer shell found in the ProD2 and ProDI greatly reduce the possibility of torque stresses being applied to the PC board. Stress on circuit boards causes broken and intermittent solder joints, a common cause of failure in commercial rental and other high-use environments. A full-bottom no-slip rubber pad works double-duty by providing protection from electrical shock and making sure these DI's stay put.
Radial ProD2 Features:
- Full range passive direct box
- Isolation transformer eliminates noise
- Very low harmonic and phase distortion
- Compact and rugged design
- Ideal for live sound and studio
- Isolated XLR connectors eliminate chassis ground potential
- Custom audio transformer on input provides 100% isolation to eliminate hum and noise-causing ground loops while maintaining signal integrity
- Military spec PC board with full surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to RF noise
- High-grade switches - long life, high cycle for reliable performance
- 14-gauge steel welded I-beam construction makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board
- -15dB pad reduces the level going in from loud sources that could overload the circuit and cause distortion
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the switches & connectors, indestructible 14-gauge steel construction
- Full no-slip rubber bottom pad provides mechanical isolation, electrical insulation and prevents unit from sliding around
- Balanced male XLR output connector, AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot
- Lift switch lifts the ground to pin-1 on both channels
- Heavy-duty baked enamel finish for excellent durability and great looks for years
The Radial ProD2 and ProDI offer superior performance at an affordable price and are ideally suited for use with acoustic guitar, bass, and keyboards.
- Type: Passive DI
- Channels: 2
- Pads: -15dB
- Ground Lift: Yes
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4″
- Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4″ thru
- Height: 1.88″
- Width: 3.25″
- Depth: 5″
- Weight: 1.95 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: R800 1102