The Shure 55SH Series II is a Unidyne cardioid dynamic microphone boasting a classic look and vocal-tailored sound for recording sessions, live stage applications, and on-camera use. The dynamic cartridge is shock mounted to impede handling noise and vibrations transferred through your mic stand. The implementation of a cardioid polar pattern minimizes pickup of off-axis noise and ambience, yielding higher gain before feedback and attenuated stage bleed.
The mic delivers a frequency response of 50 Hz to 15 kHz with a gentle presence boost peaking at approximately 6.5 kHz. Its XLR 3-pin output ensures compatibility with most mixer inputs, microphone preamps, and portable PA systems. An on/off switch is provided for convenient muting of the mic between speeches or performances. The attached, self-tensioning, 5/8"-27 thread swivel mount can be tilted up to 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward. Chrome die-cast metal construction provides tour-worthy durability.
Shure 55SH UNIDYNE Series II Dynamic Microphone Features:
- A great dynamic mic tailor made for live performance
- Looks that harken back to the best of the past
- Thoroughly modern sounding performance
- Great noise rejection via a cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 50Hz to 15kHz
- Stand mount built into the mic
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-15kHz
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Color: Silver
- Connector: XLR
- Weight: 1.38 lbs.