Professional DJs in search of a rekordbox or Serato DJ controller should check out the black Pioneer OPUS-QUAD, an all-in-one DJ system compatible with the rekordbox Performance mode and Serato DJ Pro software with an all-new layout that creates harmony between beautiful design and musical playability. The system features two integrated USB-driven players and a 4-channel mixer with a control-panel layout borrowed from the CDJ/DJM series. The OPUS-QUAD features a 10.1" electrostatic touchscreen with dual-waveform displays, offering information from both players simultaneously, including playback position, BPM, and beat grids. Each deck includes a touch-sensitive jog wheel with integrated color on-jog-wheel display, allowing each deck to be assigned their own color. The new layout is clean and uncluttered with eight dedicated Hot Cue buttons for each deck and a dedicated Beat Loop section. A Smooth Echo effect can be applied in conjunction with the movement of each actuator; press and hold the ON button to change the trigger. Beat effects are assigned via the touchscreen.
The mixer section features gain trim, a 3-band EQ/isolator, and dedicated sound color FX for each channel. Global beat effects include delay, echo, spiral, reverb, transformer, flanger, pitch, and roll, while the Smart Rotary Selector offers a joystick-like experience with left/right, up/down, rotation, and push control for fast and easy navigation. The master volume control is located on the upper right side of the mixer section, while the booth and zone controls are located on the upper left of the controller. Mic 1 and 2 include a talk-over function and dedicated 3-band EQ for fine-tuning your best sound. There are 3 USB-A ports, a USB-3 port, and a LINK connector (RJ45) for connecting to LAN and wireless routers for wireless streaming using rekordbox CloudDirectPlay.
- The OPUS-QUAD offers standalone 4-deck playback for versatile DJ performances. This means you can play 4 tracks on 4 different decks simultaneously, cue up tracks in advance, or leave a deck free for dropping requests into your set at a moment’s notice—all with just one unit.
- You can also assign a different color to each deck, which is matched by the jog ring illumination, so you’ll always know which deck you’re playing with.
- How do you like to play?
- From USB thumb drives or huge SSD drives?
- By plugging in your PC/Mac that’s running DJ software?
- By connecting via Wi-Fi to wirelessly play tracks from your smartphone using rekordbox (coming April 2023), or by using rekordbox CloudDirectPlay?
- You can draw from various music libraries with just 1 OPUS-QUAD, and you can even pair a mobile device via Bluetooth/MD wireless technology—perfect if you want to quickly drop a request into your set.
- Find your tracks faster and more accurately than ever before with the freshly designed user interface with an electrostatic touch module. No matter how big your music library is, you can use the 10.1" touchscreen to quickly search for songs via the keyboard or use Playlist Bank for quick navigation between playlists.
- With Touch Preview, you can even preview tracks while browsing. The new Smart Rotary Selector offers a joystick-like experience with left/right, up/down, rotation, and push control. And the other browsing controls are neatly arranged around the selector, so you can scour your music collection and preview and load tracks without moving your hand.
- Designed to meet the needs of the increasingly diverse DJ scene, the OPUS-QUAD produces high-quality sound that’s comfortable to listen to for long periods of time.
- The configuration of the unit eliminates transmission loss and AD-DA conversion loss and it’s loaded with a high-quality 32-bit D/A converter from ESS Technology.
- As a result, wherever you play on the OPUS-QUAD, the entire venue is gently enveloped by a comfortable sound that enhances the spatial experience.
- The evolved effects on the OPUS-QUAD make it easy to add texture and tension to the music, so you can hype up the crowd and personalize your sound with Beat FX.
- The XY-Pad makes it easy to control features such as FX Bank and channel select, as Beat FX parameters and the cut-off frequency of the filter are controlled by movement on the X and Y-axis respectively, so you can blend both effects with a single finger.
- With the popular Smooth Echo feature, you can easily trigger an echo sound by moving a fader or knob you’ve pre-assigned to apply the effect when it’s turned on.
rekordbox Link Export
- Play tracks directly from your laptop as if it were a USB drive via rekordbox Link Export mode.
Firmware Update Manager
- You’ll be automatically notified when firmware updates become available. You can download the Firmware Update Manager here.
- Assign the Smooth Echo effect to your choice from a selection of controls, e.g. a fader or pad. Then, when you turn on Smooth Echo with its dedicated button, the echo will be triggered as soon as you move the relevant control.
2 mic inputs
- The mic input circuit produces crystal-clear sound, even with a high input level.
Beat Loop knob
- Using just one knob, you can turn on/off and change the length of a Beat Loop.