For those who want a high-quality experience out of their USB microphone, the AKG Lyra offers high-definition audio, powerful versatility, and superb simplicity, all while providing a stylish on-screen appearance. Whether you're creating online content, podcasting, vlogging, live-streaming, producing music, or fashioning ASMR content, the Lyra can come in handy.
The Lyra fulfills the needs of those looking for both a studio-quality sound and an effortless setup that avoids mixers, preamps, audio interfaces, and things of that ilk. As such, the mic offers 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, a built-in shockmount, and internal diffusion to yield pristine sonic quality for your recordings. Take advantage of the integrated desktop stand and its built-in cable management to place the Lyra on a table, or remove the desktop stand, and you can mount the Lyra on your favorite boom arm or mic stand.
The Lyra's proprietary Adaptive Capsule Array utilizes four condenser capsules to offer four user-friendly capture modes (polar patterns)—front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo—to accommodate a variety of performances and applications. LED indicators display the capture mode at a glance.
- Front: Isolates the target source from distracting background noise by rejecting unwanted sounds at the microphone back and sides—ideal for spoken word, vocals, and close-miked instruments.
- Front and Back: Captures and blends together sound equally on all sides—ideal for face-to-face interviews and duets.
- Tight Stereo: Captures audio in true stereo, providing discrete left and right audio for great sound separation—ideal for recording side-by-side interviews, panel discussions, drums, or piano.
- Wide Stereo: Captures audio with greater stereo separation, room ambience, and depth—ideal for situations where you want to capture sounds all around the mic, such as documentaries, field recordings, or spontaneous jam sessions.
- Microphone Type: 4-capsule Condenser
- Mono/Stereo: Mono, Stereo
- Polar Pattern: Front, Front+Back, Tight Stereo, Wide Stereo
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Max SPL: 129dB SPL
- Connector: USB-C, 1 x 1/8″ (headphones)
- Software: Ableton Live Lite
- Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later, iOS 10 or later
- Requirements – PC: Windows 8 or later, Android 9 or later (requires OTG compatible device)
- Power Source: USB bus power
- Dimensions: 9.7″ x 4.23″