Our Commitment to Privacy
Metro Sound & Lighting is always committed to protecting your privacy online. This page explains how we collect, use and protect the information that you provide to us. We respect your privacy and intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Information That You Provide Us
We accept and store any information that you submit on our websites or by any other means. For example, you may provide personal information when you place an order, enter a giveaway, request a publication, or contact us. This information may include name, address, phone numbers, or email address.
Web Site Use Information
We collect and analyze technical information about how customers interact with Metro Sound & Lighting Inc. including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, pages viewed, links, dates and times, and other information.
Like many websites, we utilize a standard technology called “cookies” to differentiate you from other shoppers and to store and retrieve information about your interaction with the website, like the items in your shopping cart or wishlist for example.
- Email Information and Contact Forms
We may collect, store, and use any information that you submit via email or any of the forms on our website. We may also collect information about email communications such as confirming that an email was opened or which links were clicked.
How We Use Collected Information
We do not intentionally share your information with third parties except as required by law or to facilitate business operations (such as shipping partners and payment processors).
How We Protect Your Information
In order to protect your information, we have put in place appropriate electronic, physical, and procedural safeguards. We utilize standard encryption/security technology to protect data transfer and our information systems are treated with the highest regard for security. In addition, we limit access to customer information to only authorized personnel.
How You Can Review or Correct Your Information
To review or correct your personal information, or to change your communication preferences, please call Metro 888-647-9342. Mention you are a customer from ShopMSL and we will assist you appropriately. You may choose to stop receiving promotional communications at any time. If you have subscribed to any of our email newsletters, you may unsubscribe anytime.
Links to Other Websites
By using our website you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If we change our policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Real names, aliases, postal addresses, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, and email addresses.
- Customer Records
Names, signatures, addresses, and telephone numbers.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet and Network Activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We obtain the personal information listed above from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, and by observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, when required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we shared or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- the sharing, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Verifying Your Request
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12- month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically using JSON.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Metro Sound & Lighting Inc. collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 888-647-9342.